Los Angeles



In a little over two weeks, I will be departing to go on a new adventure: to work at Universal Studios Japan as a performer. This has been a dream of mine for years now, and finally it is coming true. I am still in a state of disbelief, because of how far away I am going to be living from California, as well as being gone for TEN months, but I am so unbelievably excited for this new chapter to unfold.
Almost four years have passed since I made the decision to move to the crazy city of Los Angeles. And to be honest, I believe it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. As I sit here now, and look back on the lessons I’ve learned and experiences I have had, I can feel my eyes begin to swell with (happy) tears.
I can now call this place: HOME.
I have slept in the same room, made meals in the same kitchen and have woken up to the sound of my sister’s laughter for a good portion of my adult-life in Studio City, CA. The gratitude I feel is just overwhelming. As a little girl I never pictured myself here, living my dreams of performing, singing, and bringing joy to children through the power of imagination. And yet, here I am: doing that very thing.
I am so blessed to be capable of such things, and I realize this more and more as time passes.
As I was driving to an audition today in Beverly Hills, I noticed just how beautiful everything looked under the glorious sunshine. With the recent rainfall, the plants and trees shed such radiance of color all along the streets. I realized then just how much I will miss this view. Despite the traffic (SIGH), the parking restrictions(UGH), and often stressful lifestyle,(BILLS!) I have fallen in love with this place, mostly due to the friends I’ve made, and opportunities around every corner.
To be an actor is my calling. I can now say that with confidence, because it truly is what I love with my whole being. There is nothing like creating a world alongside an ensemble ready to join you on a adventure onstage, onset or in rehearsal. It is truly magical to behold.
Turning 25 has also taught me alot about the trials I have overcome. I’ve fought battles of insecurity, sadness, disappointment, relationships ending and simply: Growing Up. It has not always been easy, that is for certain. There have been times where I have been lost, almost given up and not known where to turn. But, at the end of day, I seem to always find a supportive voice to greet me with encouragement.
This place is full of wonder, romance and dreamers, and I can tell you now that I wouldn’t trade these past four years for the world. “LALALAND” truly hit the nail on the head when it spoke of the hardships, the ups and downs and TRIUMPHS this city offers. I believe that if you have a gut feeling that you are meant to be an artist, it is because you are meant to follow that dream. Now, I must muster up the courage to take on this next journey and not lose sight of all of the steps it took to get where I am today.
I adore you all, and thank you for being a part of my often topsy-turvy, very busy and emotionally driven life! Thank you for reading- and Here’s to the FUTURE!


Comments

Popular Posts